What We Do
PMD organizes a variety of fun,
one-time volunteer opportunities.
Make a Difference by:
- Volunteering personally with PMD
- Partnering with PMD as a business
- Partner with PMD as a charity
- Donating to PMD’s upcoming events
PMD partners with community-based charities that need our help.
Past PMD Projects:
- Serving meals to people in need
- Assembling print-Braille books
- Packing street outreach supplies
- Helping community gardens
- Improving urban greenspaces
- Running school science bowls
PMD seeks to create a world in which people and businesses are socially aware and engaged in their communities such that they approach volunteerism by learning about problems and needs, becoming familiar with local charities that are working to address them, volunteering reliably, and providing other needed resources to make a difference.
Our vision is for everyone to be able to
volunteer productively a few times a year so that together we make a real difference
throughout the year while learning important things along the way.
People Making a Difference (PMD) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes informed and responsible volunteerism by involving people in tangible work that meets local needs and by assisting companies in building successful community involvement programs that:
- Produce appreciable results while conserving recipients’ limited resources
- Educate volunteers about broader issues
- Bring people together to make a difference
Video Introduction to PMD
PMD Since 1992
Founder & Executive Director
Board of Directors
Jennifer Blackmon, Vice Chair
Alyssa Faria, Treasurer
Ellie Sanford Marois, Clerk